5.02.2011

Another year older....

And another year wiser! Or so they say.

I like to think that I'm like a fine wine; I get better with age ;) Of course that is my perception of myself and I'm biased! On a serious note, I'm pretty torn with how I feel about getting older. One half of me is perfectly okay with it. I'm enjoying the process of figuring myself out and finding out what I really want out of my life. I can appreciate the struggles/lessons of my younger days and how they have shaped the woman that I am today. I can only imagine that it is only going to get better because I hope to never cease to learn about myself/life.

The other part of me is a little nervous that I'm inching towards 30 (2years away now) and think about where I am NOT at in my life. Like, NOT married (or let's try single with no prospect of a lifetime partner). Not a mother. Not a homeowner. I think that is really it with the NOTS, but those are pretty big and heavy HAVES! I try to not let those thoughts crowd up too much of my brain, but I would be lying if I didn't say they sneak in from time to time!

It is funny because the me 10 years ago had my life planned out: I would go to college, marry my high school sweetheart, get married around age 24, and be popping out babies by 25! THANK GOD my 18 year old self had it ALL wrong!

I try not to give myself a time limit on where I have to be at in my life these days. I try to just go with the flow and experience this crazy ride we call life. However, like I said before, getting closer to 30 is making me think! Maybe it is just me digging deeper to figure out what I really want? Like, do I really want to get married when it seems that divorce is inevitable these days? Am I ready to be selfless and have a child? Do I really want the responsibilities of a household? The answer right now is....I don't know! I am at least, content with the fact that I know it will all work out exactly how God has planned it!

So, here's to enjoying the ride and learning more about ourselves as we go...

2 comments:

  1. and I JUST LOVE YOU! you are one of the strongest women i know and i admire you! keep flowing with it girl.

    ReplyDelete