5.09.2011

For the record...

I fit into a size 2 pair of Ralph Lauren cotton pants today! I have to describe the type of pants because as women, we know that every different brand means you're a different size. I could be a 6 in let's say, Ann Taylor and a, "that's funny that you even tried" in Abercrombie. Their sizes are really ridiculous and would make an anorexic feel overweight (my opinion of course...plus I'm "too old" for that look). Anyways, back to me in a size 2!!!

I was getting ready for work (woke up pretty late, by the way) and decided to throw these gems on for shits and giggles. I was running low on cute work pants. I fully anticipated the disappointing moment of when the zipper doesn't quite zip all the way up and good fucking luck with clasping that shit. BUT, much to my surprise, the zipper went up and the clasp, clasped! I didn't even have to go the whole day without breathing (you know, when you trick yourself into a size you want to be in...I've done this several times)! I tried these same pants on two weeks ago and there was NO way of making that happen. Needles to say, I did a happy dance all around the room.

I don't mean to brag...okay maybe I do! BUT, I've been working really hard and it is these small moments that are huge victories for me! The scale only tells me I've lost 3 lousy pounds and these moments let me know that I'm moving in the right direction. Wooohooo to looking better nakie!

On a side note: I went on a date tonight with a guy who admittedly likes watching Dancing With The Stars. I told him he should keep his dating options open...

2 comments:

  1. I TOLD you what you were doing was working! And forget about total pounds lost! Going to the gym is putting on some lean muscle so you're probably swapping bad pounds for good pounds at almost 1 for 1.
    And that last paragraph is hilarious...you don't like guys who like dancing with the stars??

    ReplyDelete