5.26.2011

R.A.O.K May edition...

I will begin by stating that this months random act of kindness feels like a cop out. Why you may ask? Well, because I feel like I should do more!

With Mother Natures hell bent fury raging across the world; many people are suffering, grieving, homeless, and left to pick up the pieces. My heart breaks for them. The pictures of the devastation that flashes on the news and many social media outlets, brings a tear to my eye. I want to DO something to help!

I have researched some organizations that are reaching out to those in need and have asked some friends their opinions on who is best to donate to. I ended up with the Red Cross. I feel good with this choice, knowing that my donation will be used for its intended purpose. To help those in need. I chose to donate to the disaster relief, mainly because of all of the destruction due to the Tornado outbreaks.

I would much rather actually be doing something to help instead of sending money, but I have resorted to funding those who can be there. And, I am thankful for those people who volunteer their time to help those in need...I admire them!

I urge that everyone please do their part...send what you can. I'm not asking you break the bank, but send a $10 donation (or more) and HELP those who need it. You never know when YOU will be in need and hoping some kind person reading a blog becomes inspired to donate!

Or if you can...go lend a hand and then please do share the experience.


Please visit: www.redcross.org OR research an organization you deem worthy and let me know about it!

Pay it forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment