5.22.2011

Sticks and stones....

May break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Yeah that cute little saying is complete bullshit! Words DO hurt!!! Want to know what else hurts? One of your best friends making excuses as to why these awful things were said about me. Yeah, that was a punch in the gut.

It was brought to my attention last night that this person who I will refer to as Mr. Douche, had some very nice things to say about me to my friend. Things I will not repeat and have left me feeling less than wonderful. Mr. Douche and I have not always been on the best of terms and often butt heads when we arrive upon the topic of goals, jobs, and ambition. We also have bad history from probably the second worst night of my life, July 4th two summers ago. I tolerate him because one of my best friends happens to be dating him; despite the fact that he has given her plenty of reasons to kick his douche baggy ass to the curb.

Once his comments were brought to my attention the ill feelings I have towards him were firmly cemented. I borderline hate him and I really dislike saying that I hate someone because it just feels wrong. But, he is deeming himself worthy of that feeling at this moment.

Today I politely expressed my utter distatse for Mr. Douche to my best friend and apologized ahead of time at the distance that is bound to come between us because I will NO longer be tolerating him for her. She says she understands and loves me and we continue to soak in the sun and beautiful surroundings on the dock. Minutes later Mr. Douche sails up to the dock and while he tries to start conversation I give nothing but short responses. He asks why I'm being Miss Grumpy today and I tell him because I really don't care for him. A few other words are exchanged as I'm getting up to leave and I exit with a, "You can go fuck yourself"! The words felt amazing as they escaped my lips. The violent shaking and tears that erupted once in my car; however, did not feel so amazing.

A while later the best friend calls to apologize that she didn't say anything to stick up for me. She freezes in these type of situations. Okay, I get it, I wasn't expecting her to say anything. But it is what she said AFTER that has left me feeling slightly numb. She gives me a lame excuse as to why Mr. Douche had reason to say what he said about me. She is trying to make it somehow okay that he said these things! She apologizes that he is so mean to me and tells me she doesnt know why he is like that, but it seems he is sort of targetting me. Followed by I love you and I don't want this to hurt our friendship. I was still reeling from the excuse and I told her I needed time to digest everything and I meant what I said when I was exiting the dock.

I'm trying to not let this bother me. These awful perceptions of me came out of the mouth of someone who means nothing to me. I can rise above and be the better person. But right now, the words fucking hurt...

4 comments:

  1. You shouldn't try to let this NOT bother you. This absolutely SHOULD be bothering you. The fact that your friend not only allows him to treat her poorly but now also her best friend is a huge problem. You have every right to say what you said cause I'm right there with you. He'll likely be hearing the same thing from me soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say it, but some women just don't have a backbone. Sometimes they allow their judgement to be clouded by some dumbass guy and their friendships take a backseat to their own insecurities. The moment this girl started making excuses for him is the moment she compromised her own integrity. Screw this guy! I'm proud of you for telling him what no one else would. You are genuine and honest, two things he knows nothing about. Hoes before bros! hahahahaahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my friends defense: What I took as her making excuses was her fumbling around to tell me what HIS excuse for saying what he said about me! Do I think she should stay with such an ASS....absolutely not! I'm praying she wises up and leaves him and that our friendship can only get stronger from this point forward. I love her and I have been in her shoes staying with someone who was a ROYAL NARCISSISTIC DOUCHE! She will figure it out, but hopefully before he pisses everyone close to her off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you brandy. remember what i told you the other day... you are most definitely above that. this should make you hold your head even higher, despite the awful things he said. show that you are above it, because you are! i love you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete