7.22.2011

Music Therapy...

My brain is crowded...overflowing if you will. The words won't come out and in times like these I find that music is the best form of therapy and often find that some lyrics express my thoughts better than I can. Anyone else feel the same way?

Not only the words, but the melodies speak to me and I really feel it (of course I feel it in my interpretation of the song)! Treating myself to some music therapy tonight and sharing some lyrics too...of course if I could link I'd share the actual song, but alas no such luck!

Enjoy...

"Lately I've been hard to reach
I've been too long on my own
Everybody has their private world
Where they can be alone

But you'd have to walk a thousand miles
In my shoes, just to see
What it's like, to be me
I'll be you, let's trade shoes
Just to see what it'd be like

To feel your pain, you feel mine
Go inside each others' minds
Just to see what we'd find
Look at shit through each others' eyes" ~ Eminem...Beautiful (especially loving these lyrics right now)



"So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost Lovers always do" ~ A Fine Frenzy Almost Lovers


"What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene
I get lost in the night so high I don't want to come down" ~ Kings of Leon Revelry


"When it's good then it's good, it's so good till it goes bad
Till you're trying to find the you that you once had
I have heard myself cry, "Never again"
Broken down in agony, just tryin' find a friend". ~Pink Sober


Also, wildly in love with the entire Mumford and Sons album...I would quote most of their lyrics, but instead I'll just advise that you listen to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment