7.11.2011

Bruised coccyx...

If you read my post on skydiving you will know that I had a rather hard landing. If you didn't read it, not so long story even shorter...I crash landed onto my ass. I felt the impact of the ground smashing into my tailbone and the pain ran up my back. But, I was all smiles and did not shed any tears. I was high! High on the adrenaline of falling/parachuting 10,000 feet to the ground.

After the adrenaline wore off the pain increased, but I am no stranger to pain and can play it off pretty freaking well. I found sitting to be quite uncomfortable and that if you laugh really hard it will hurt your bruised bum. Which made me laugh even harder. I'm not sure why I found it hilarious, but when you get the madre, sister, and myself together we typically make every situation into something funny.

We are on day three of my bruised coccyx and let me tell you it is not fun and rather annoying. I make funny noises when trying to get up after sitting and it's just uncomfortable. So, I decided to google "bruised tailbone" and found this helpful site that gives you 6 steps on how to care for your broken bottom.

You have the obvious; take an NSAID to reduce the inflammation, ice the hiney, wear comfortable clothes. Pretty obvious stuff because I mean really there is not too much that you can do for it! Except let time and your body do its thing and heal. But advice #6...oh helpful #6...avoid constipation!!!

Seriously...thank you Captain Obvious!?! This had me doing some serious belly laughing. I'm such an immature and inappropriate girl when it comes to my sense of humor, but come on...it's funny! I don't think too many people try to get constipated and I know it happens from time to time, but I'm quite positive we all pretty much want to avoid constipation. Bruised coccyx or not!

I now really enjoy the word coccyx and will be trying to throw it into my vocab from here on out...

1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHH! I bruised mine in 6th grade when I thought it was a good idea to stand on my friend's shoulders and she dropped me. Had to bring a donut-shaped pillow to school for a week. Hurt like hell... although I imagine a skydiving related bruised coccyx is a bit more intense....

    ReplyDelete