7.25.2011

Dalo...

The world lost a great man today and while I'm thankful he is no longer suffering; I am filled with sadness. You see I don't have as many great male figures in my life like I do women. So when one enters my world I hold an extra special place for them in my heart! I feel blessed to have been given the chance to get to know this spunky WWII veteran who could tell a story like no other. Who had a sense of humor along with a contagious laughter...oh how I will miss that! A man with fierce independence that I'm positive kept his 93 year old self quite active and kept him around for as long as he was after his fall. I'm certain that I'm doing no justice to his character, but he was a good man!

The time that I've known him was all too short, but will be forever cherished!

Dalo(my adopted granddad)...I love you and will miss you!

1 comment: