4.04.2011

LBN week #3...

That's right! I've made it to week #3 and I'm happy to report that I've been following my health plan with minimal slip ups. By "slip ups" I mean not eating exactly according to plan or following the 2 drink minimum per week. BUT food detours were still healthy choices and I watched my portion control (except for this past Saturday night, but that's neither here nor there). Ohh and with the adult beverages, i've cut out beer and only drinking red wine or vodka and water with extra lime. Just need to work on the two drink per week thing.

I have to say that the food choices are really great, but if you don't like veggies this may not be for you. Some of my fave meals include; Greek breakfast wrap, tuna salad pita, pasta salad, and turkey burger (had that tonight and it was sooo good). I never dread my meals and I feel GREAT when I'm done. Just the right kind of full,but I do find that I have to eat every 3-4 hours. The only thing I'm really having to adjust to is the amount of time I spend in the kitchen. I rarely made all three meals before now and sometimes I would just skip a meal, usually breakfast which is the WORST meal to skip of course!


As far as my workouts go, I did great the first week by making it to the gym 4 days and one day of running outside. Last week I only made it to the gym twice...that wasn't so good. This week I plan on being in there monday thru Friday to make up for last week though. The routines seem to be getting easier each time I do them.

NOW let's talk results! My pants are fitting better....wahoooo!!! I feel like that "baby belly" is starting to flatten out. Even had a gym friend of mine tell this afternoon that he thought my stomach looked flatter. GO ME!! As far as any weight lost...I think the scale in the gym is broken. It has not moved from my starting point since day one and I feel that is impossible. I need to make a point to use a friends scale and see if the results are the same. Other positive side effects: My energy level has increased and I'm not telling(of course by telling on i meant relying on) caffeine as much (have had three cups since I started...that's major for me). My skin even looks better since I've started this!

I'm a believer in this health plan and excited to see where I am in three weeks from now!!!

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat, so skip that pesky scale. Hooray for eating all day! I wouldn't have it any other way. Sending encouragement across the miles! xoxo

    ReplyDelete