4.11.2011

R.A.O.K April...

One of my 101 in 1001 things I want to do is perform a random act of kindness for a complete stranger each month. I generally like to be a nice person; I believe in smiling and saying "hi" to random people that I pass and make eye contact with, I am usually the first to volunteer to help friends in need, and I rarely get outwardly angry. So this choice on my list is one I will hopefully find easy to accomplish!

This month I've decided to hand out compliments. I'm aiming to compliment woman because generally woman are complete Bitches to other woman!!! Instead of shooting daggers at a fellow hottie...COMPLIMENT her! If you like her outfit, tell her! You think she has a great hairstyle, ask her who does it and tell her it looks good! I'm not saying go overboard with the compliments because I'm pretty sure that will just creep someone out and make them think you're psycho. And that's totally NOT what I'm aiming for!

So far I've passed out quite a few compliments. Mainly telling someone that I loved what they were wearing. Some of the recipients of these kind words were very appreciative! Others NOT SO MUCH! Those few who would roll their eyes and give the insincere "thanks" kind of pissed me off. I came close to replying with "actually I think you look like a dogs asshole", but that would defeat the purpose of this R.A.O.K. So, I just smiled while secretly hoping she would trip!

Eventhough I know that there are going to be some very bitchy responses; I'm going to continue handing out compliments. I know that when I get one, it puts a little pep in my step and hopefully I can do the same for someone else!!

Pay a compliment forward this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment