4.16.2011

Challenges make you stronger right...

How do you handle a dear friend not knowing how to be around you? Not because of something you necessarily did, but because of something that happened to you!

A test of our friendship I guess you could say. I'm not thrilled that it has to be tested. In fact it leaves me very VERY sad! I'm praying that it only makes the bond stronger in the end because I'll tell you right now that if it ends broken, another chunk of my heart will turn to ice. I'm not good at handling giving my all in any type of relationship and it falling to pieces. Something I CLEARLY need to work on because it is a part of life and Lord willing I've got a lot more life to live.

This now, almost all out in the open, revelation of honest feelings has also lead to me having to deal with some things. The truth stings all the way down to the core. Not something that I've been denying. Actually, it is something that I've come to a conclusion to two summers ago and have been working on. I've fallen a few times and let me tell you, I don't need anyone to be hard on me for it because I do a phenomenal job at being hard on myself.

I'm so far from perfect it isn't funny, but one thing that I like to think is in my favor, is my realization of my faults. I know I have issues I need to deal with. I'm making an effort at working towards these fixes and shouldn't that be a good thing? Maybe a fault is I try to do it all on my own because I like to think I'm Superwoman?! That and I have a seriously hard time really confiding my true emotions to others. I'd rather they confide in me about theirs because I've always had this need to help people. Plus, I feel silly when I start feeling bad for myself because I really am a very Blessed individual.

Here's to another challenge in life, another notch on the strength belt...

1 comment:

  1. The good news.. Everyone has issues! You are just lucky that you can see yours.. I wish I had that kind of insight into myself!

    PS.. Love that you featured Kristin.. She is such a great blogger!

    ReplyDelete