1.29.2012

She needs me, she really needs me...

The sister came to town this weekend and what a great time we had! I think I will even dare to say that we are finally getting to that point where we are CLOSE. I've been praying for this day.

You see we have 7 years between us and the poor child grew up with two mothers. Her actual mother and then me, the wanna be mama! I wanted her to love me so much and look up to me that I probably suffocated her a little bit and therefore she was very distant. But, I'm not ashamed to realize where I am wrong in any type of relationship and I realize that if you want something to be different, YOU have to change YOUR behavior. So, I've been working on being less of a mama and more of the big sister. It can be tough because I want to lecture and sometimes smack the shit out of her, but I refrain. I have to remind myself that it is HER life and she will find her way. She is just a little lost at the moment.

So, she called me and told me that she needed to get away and wanted to come see ME!!! The girl reached out to me for probably the first time in her life and it put me on cloud 9. My baby needed her big sister and I was happy to oblige!

I look forward to her reaching out to me more often and building on this friendship that was started this weekend. HAPPY HEART :)

No comments:

Post a Comment