11.13.2011

My cab ride turned into a session with a psychic...

And I wish this was a joke!!! It's not.

I don't know if I would call Mr. Cabbie a psychic, but he pretty much knew my life story and wanted to tell me all about it on our 45 minute drive to my destination. This was a very bizarre experience to say the least!

But, first let's go back to the beginning of my night. A friend and I decided to do a little something out of our normal routine. A trip to Savannah to people watch and enjoy some cocktails and it was a great night until I was ready to leave. It's always tricky when one person is really getting into the groove of fun and the other person is ready to tap out. However, that's exactly the predicament we found ourselves in and that's how I ended up walking out of the bar, finding a cop to help me get a taxi (I'm not a complete idiot and wasn't about to roam the streets at midnight all by myself), and getting into Mr. Psychics cab.

I was a little (okay a lot) nervous about being by myself at that hour and taking a 45 minute cab ride home and I'm sure Mr. Cabbie picked up on my nervous energy and that's why he probably thought it was a great idea to start a conversation. I really wasn't in the mood to talk, but I'm a polite person and made all of the proper responses. Meanwhile I'm feverishly praying that he doesn't pull over on some seedy side road and murder me (I have an active imagination and this increased after he asked for the money up front)!

So, the polite conversation continues and then he asks me when my birthday is. I was very taken aback on this question and didn't want to give him my birthday, but he insisted. This is when shit gets weird and he starts telling me things about my life. I am skeptical of psychics and such, but it is startling when a stranger can tell you about things that happened in your past. Especially when all the information you have shared is your birthday and that you lived in Bluffton and to not take 95 because that would cost more money. I'm not sure how one could get that I had a major life change 6 years ago and left someone I loved from that information, but he sure did! He shared much more, but I'm not willing to share with y'all (some things need to remain private). Unless you're psychic as well and then I don't have to tell you anyways because you'll just end up telling me about my life!

He left me with this bit of information though: "you are masculine and very ambitious, but you need to be more feminine when it comes to love because a man wants a female." Now his English was not perfect so I'm going to interpret masculine as independent, but I responded with "you're probably right".

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome experience Brandy, glad you made it home safe too!

    ReplyDelete