8.23.2011

Dating cycle...

This is how the cycle works: Clingy is addicted to me, I'm addicted to complicated, rinse and repeat!

Ok...so a month or so ago I was venting on my addiction to complicated. Now I bring you my vent on "Mr.Clingy"!

Mr. Clingy is the majority of any "relationship" (few week fling is more like it) I have had in the past six years. This is the guy that wants to be around me 24/7 and the one that I generally treat like shit. Not on purpose. It's more of a knee jerk reaction for me.

It goes something like this: I meet a guy out and they seem pretty decent, actually hang out or go on a date, date is okay, guy proceeds to call/text frequently, I ignore majority of calls/texts, I don't mind the attention so I hang out with guy again, guy becomes even more persistent about hanging out, I get more annoyed and each time I see guy something new bugs me, my sarcastic behavior increases, guy doesn't back down, now if we hang out I get very tense and in my opinion send all the vibes of "I'm just not that into you", guy continues to want to see me, and it ends by me telling the guy I think you should keep your options open.

The guy I'm currently talking to falls right into the Mr. Clingy category! I met him about two weeks ago and he has literally sent me a text every single day. Always trying to hang out and I guess any normal girl would be thrilled with this. Not me! I'm someone who needs my space to do what I want to do and I'm sure if I was really interested in him that it wouldn't annoy me as much.

Since we have started hanging out I've thought about when is a good time to end it. I guess that means I should just end it then. The sick thing is...I kind of enjoy knowing I have someone in the event I get lonely. This is probably why the Mr. Complicateds get thrown into the mix as my karma for the way I treat the Mr. clingys?!?

I don't know why I attract these type of men? They are either attracted to me like flys to shit or use me to mend their broken hearts.

The madre has suggested I get on a dating site or fork over some cash to have my own matchmaker.

I think I'll stick to being single and have lovers along the way...and yes, I do realize that I'm slightly crazy when it comes to dating...

No comments:

Post a Comment