1.31.2013

Numb...

Have you ever been so sad that you're completely numb to emotions? It's an odd feeling because you're not really feeling anything. Or maybe it's that you're feeling entirely too much and your body doesn't know how to process it. I have moments where I feel a tidal wave of sadness and I almost stop breathing. Then it is right back to this void. I don't think that my brain is quite ready to process it all. It's just too much.

I've learned a very valuable lesson. You have to trust your gut instinct. If something in the pit of your stomach tells you something isn't right, it usually isn't. Don't ignore it or run from it in fear of sounding crazy. Chances are, you have a very valid reason for feeling that way. Just remember that when you do question it, you have to be willing to hear the truth. It may hurt. It may hurt right down to the core and leave you spinning and wanting to vomit all over the place. But, you won't. You'll just feel that way.

I believe that once you're faced with a challenge, you have two choices. Let it completely consume you and make you miserable. Or, learn to grow from it. Sure, you will probably go through the emotional stages and that is normal and healthy, but you can't dwell in them. Experience them, learn from them, and move on from them. It's really the healthiest for your sanity. Living in the past won't change the event.

I'm confindent that I will come out of this even stronger. I am just in the healing phase.

This too shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment