4.02.2012

Note THAT in your funnies...

The anticipated 50th birthday cruise was this past week! Actually, just arrived home from the trip today and it was a GREAT time and I'll def fill y'all in on the fun filled times, but today we are just going to recap the funnies. There were many moments that had the madre, sister, and myself full on belly laughing; however, I only wrote a few down. Most of these probably won't have the same affect on you, but hopefully you get a giggle.

Scenario: We just arrived on the ship and are sitting on the main deck by the pool waiting for some drinks...
Madre: Hey, I have an idea! (mind you we never heard what her idea was)
Me: you sound like Dora the Explorer.
Madre: I don't watch Dora...she speaks Spanish!!! (NOT because she's 50, but because she speaks Spanish...way to go Madre)

a few minutes later...
Madre: Is that the water taxi that takes you from Mt. Pleasant to Charleston? I thought they stopped that? I'd like to ride that!
Me: I bet you would like to ride that...you dirty girl!!!

Scenario: We finally have our drinks and the sister takes a sip of hers. Madre notices this disgusting look that the sister gets EVERY time that she takes a swig...which brings on a convo about a recent dr's visit with the sister and madre...
Madre: I just had the pleasure of being in a confined space with you while you were throwing up in every garbage possible.
Sister: my tummy doesn't like alcohol. That's probably why I gag when I drink.
Madre: yeah...you should think about not drinking.
Sister: But every other part of my body likes it!

Scenario: Madre and I are on the main deck/eating area and I'm in line getting some breakfast. Madre is patiently waiting and then approaches me...
Madre: the boys all like your milkshake on the block!
Me: What I think you meant to say is..."my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard". What even made you say that...all I'm doing is getting a bagel?
Madre: I saw that guy looking at your butt.

Scenario: sitting on the Serentity (adults only) deck and Madre is eating a banana...
Me: Do you think it's awkward to watch people eat a banana?
Madre: ummm no...not until you just said something.
Me: Eat that banana...put it in your mouth!!!
Madre...had a hard time finishing the banana after that

Scenario: we are at dinner and belly laughing really hard because of this mark that magically appeared on the madre's mouth half way through dinner (which we lovingly referred to as Herp)...
Sister: My abs hurt and I think it's because we are laughing so much.
Madre: that's pitiful! Notebook that Brandy!!!


Good times...

1 comment: